21 wins for 2021
New Year’s resolutions, make them? Hate them? Break them?
According to YouGov, 28% of people who made New Year’s resolutions this time last year failed to stick to any of them. While this isn’t surprising, it’s safe to say 2020 has been a year like no other and many of us can’t wait for it to be over. While I’m hoping for a brighter and better 2021, I’m making a resolution NOT to make New Year’s resolutions this year.
Instead, in 2021 I’m going to focus on 21 that are likely to increase my wellbeing and give my mental health a boost:
- Go on a short daily walk, being mindful of my surroundings.
- Read a book that I loved in my childhood.
- Show my unfinished craft projects some love.
- Take time for myself as often as possible.
- Watch films that make me happy.
- Take part in the 1p savings challenge.
- Build myself a self-care routine.
- Organise my at-home workspace.
- Go for regular runs.
- Have daily time away from screens and technology.
- Write down the things I’m grateful for.
- Check in with friends and family regularly.
- Borrow a friend’s dog and go for regular walks.
- Try a new sport.
- Create an at-home spa day.
- Have a picnic lunch.
- Try out new recipes and create my own takeaway.
- Send a written letter to a loved one.
- Prioritise my sleep.
- Focus on the things that bring me joy.
- Spend more time outside.
These 21 small wins will remind me to focus on my wellbeing and encourage me to be kind to myself. 2020 has been hard enough for us all, so remember to take time for those little things in your life that spark joy and try not to sweat about goal setting for 2021.
What things are you celebrating this year? Let us know in the comments below.